The Federal Office of Sport (BASPO) is the Swiss federal government’s centre for expertise in sports and a part of the Swiss Federal Department of Defence, Civil Protection and Sports. The BASPO is committed to fair, safe and inclusive sport, including in the following areas:
- Corruption and competition manipulation damage the reputation of sport. State and sport tackle the problem together
- Sport can play an important role in the integration of people with migrant backgrounds.
- People with disabilities can also be integrated into society thanks to sport.
- Violence has no place in sport or at sporting events (hooliganism).
- Sexual assault in sport must be prevented and sanctioned.
- Doping abuse and addictive behaviour do not belong in sport.
- Accident prevention should ensure that sports accidents are reduced