Reporting to the Testing Manager, the candidate selected for this position will operate as a Testing Officer in the administration of doping control activities for a number of International sport Federations (IFs). The Testing Officer liaises with IFs to build sport specific expertise reflected in the implementation of intel-led and risk-based testing programs. The Testing Officer is also tasked with the coordination of testing pools of different IFs and provides whereabouts support to athletes. The Testing Officer carries out administrative tasks and supervises operations in line with the requirements of each specific agreement, WADA’s international standard for testing & investigations and acts as a “general anti-doping trouble-shooter” in liaison with other ITA’s functional areas.
• Plan, manage and coordinate effective and comprehensive testing programs (including testing pools and whereabouts administration)
• Design and implement Test Distribution Plans in line with IFs’ Risk Assessments
• Manage ADAMS and/or other databases as needed
• Liaise and coordinate with other stakeholders involved in the programs (anti-doping organisations, laboratories, testing agencies, experts, panel members, etc.)
• Take part to anti-doping educational initiatives as needed
• Provide support for the onsite anti-doping operations at Major Events, such as the OG
• Manage other projects as required by the ITA.
Skills and experience required
• Academic degree or equivalent, 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar administrative role with strong anti-doping knowledge is highly desirable
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills, other languages are an asset
• Good knowledge of the International Sport Environment (e.g., International Federations, Anti-Doping Organisation)
• Sport passionate, with a sensitivity to sport ethics and the issue of drugs and doping in sport
• Strong organisational and administrative skills with attention to detail, ability to set and manage priorities, customer service and quality oriented
• Capacity to work both independently and as part of a team, contributing to the achievements of the ITA
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, combined with a strong sense of discretion and confidentiality and handling of sensitive and confidential data
• IT literate (MS Office, data management)
• Experience and knowledge of data analysis would be desirable.
Start date: 1st of June or TBD
Application deadline: 24th of April 2021.
Please e-mail your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate in the email subject title “Testing Officer”.
This job description highlights the areas of activity of the employee, it does not intend to be exclusive or exhaustive and may be amended over time depending on the changing needs of the organization.