A Doping violation is commonly thought of as an athlete testing positive after an analysis of their urine or blood sample. Whilst this counts for the majority of doping cases, did you know that there are additional 10 conducts which could be considered as an anti-doping rule violation in the World Anti-Doping Code? It is important that all athletes and athlete support personnel understand these rules and how they apply to them. In our monthly webinar we discussed each one, breaking down the legal language and asking questions such as:
- What does it mean to receive notification of a positive test?
- What are some examples of evading or refusing doping control?
- What conduct can constitute “tampering”?
- What is prohibited association and how can you protect yourself?
- What does possessing a prohibited substance mean for coaches who have a legitimate medical requirement?
Taking us through all of this, and more was expert guest Ayesha Talpade, Senior Legal Counsel for the ITA.